Business Gateway Edinburgh 2019 International Women's Day Flagship Event
When: March 8 2019
Where: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
First Minster Nicola Sturgeon will unveil plans for a new Women in Business Growth programme
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon launches Business Gateway Edinburgh’s first Women in Business (WIB) Growth Programme on International Women’s Day at Edinburgh's City Chambers. Read more about this here.
Celebrating women in business
Attend Scotland's International Women's Day 2019 Flagship Event and hear from an important and progressive keynote speaker (announced soon), followed by lively and informative panel sessions and discussions celebrating women's journeys and success. The event celebrates women in business and highlighs the significant contribution that women make to the economy. Excellent networking opportunities.
It was recently estimated that if women in Scotland started businesses at the same rate as men, they would plough an additional £7.6bn into the Scottish Economy. Business Gateway recognises the huge contribution Women make to the Economy and invite you to a morning to hear inspiring women share their business journey and their expertise.
Sponsored by Women's Enterprise Scotland
Scotland's International Women's Day 2019 Flagship Event will be held in the heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town at The City Chambers, a UNESCO World Heritage Site surrounded by beautiful view of the city's landmarks.
- Friday, 8th March 2019
- 9:30 am Networking
- 10:00 am Event commences
- 12:30 pm Networking Lunch
- 2:00 pm Event concludes
- City Chambers, 253 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ
Lynne Cadenhead, Chair of Women Enterprise Scotland
Lynne is a serial entrepreneur who has founded a number of companies, served on over 30 boards. and has worked with a wide portfolio of technology companies. Lynne was the first chair women of Touch Bionics, the world leading upper limb prosthetics company sold in 2016 for £27.5 million. Lynne believes in the importance of helping others and mentors young female entrepreneurs, Lynne is chair of Women Enterprise Scotland, a community interest company which helps female entrepreneurs in Scotland start-up and grow their companies.
Professor Heather McGregor – Executive Dean of Edinburgh Business School
Heather is also principal shareholder and non-executive chair of executive search firm Taylor Bennett, founder of the Taylor Bennett Foundation which promotes diversity in the communications industry, and a founding member of the steering committee of the 30% club which is working to raise the representation of women at senior levels within the UK’S publicly listed companies.
Book your place here before tickets sell out!
Further women's business events in Edinburgh supporting IWD
Women in Business 2: Marketing Skills
Saturday, 9 March - 10:00am to 13:00pm
- Following on from the previous session, this session aims to help you develop a structured approach to sales and marketing, including how to promote your business effectively. this session aims to help you develop a structured approach to sales and marketing, including how to promote your business, sell effectively and create the right impression with your elevator pitch. Details and registration here
Women into Business 3: Business and Personal Planning
Saturday, 16 March - 10:00am to 13:00pm
- This workshop aims to explain why business and personal planning is essential to successful business development and growth. You will learn key business planning tools and how they fit with the on-going planning of your business. Details and registration here
Women in Business 4: Money Matters
Saturday, 23 March - 10:00am to 13:00pm
- The forecasting and management of cash are probably the most important activities the owner of a small business undertakes. This workshop explored financial requirments, including personal financial planning, cash flow, profit and loss and funding sources. Details and registration here
Be inspired by Edinburgh's wonderful women business owners
Rachel Hanretty, Mademoiselle Macaron
This culinary entrepreneur whisks up sweet delicacies supplying the likes of Harvey Nichols and The Balmoral.
Katrina Howells, Stems of Edinburgh Florist
Florist helps Edinburgh children blossom - and their workshops help highlight the therapeutic nature of floral art.
Ailsa Proverbs MBE, The Big Cheese Making Kit
Ailsa spotted a gap in the market for cheese-making kits as gifts.
Patricia Molina, Patoo Watches
New watch design winds up in the Tate Gallery in London. her unique timepieces are catching people's eye.
Megan Hicklin, Neon Magpie
Megan designs and creats unique hand illustrated stationery.
Erica Moore, Eteaket Tea
This specialist tea leaf provider is brewing up a storm and is rekindling Britain’s love affair with proper leaf tea.
Katie Quinn, Illustrator and Comic Book Artist
Shops stock Katie's fabulous work including indie retailers in England, Ireland, and Wales.
Araminta Campbell, Hand Weaving Studio
Being gifted a loom kickstarted Araminta Campbell's dream of launching her a design studio.
Kerry Kimber, Knitting for All
Kerry sewing up UK success. She's a former art teacher who began knitting classes for kids now has 20 franchises across the UK and Ireland.
Business Gateway Edinburgh supports women entrepreneurs
Business Gateway Edinburgh offers expert support and guidance to new and existing businesses. Through Business Gateway women business owners can access:
- free advice from our experienced business advisers to help start a business or find new ways of doing business
- free local workshops and seminars - ranging from start-up sessions to specific skills events - covering marketing, finance and ecommerce
- free business information as the team offers information on all aspects of starting and growing a business
Business Gateway Edinburgh is in partnership with many further professional organisations, so women can be sure they will receive the best possible support.