IWD 2017 campaign resources
Every person - women, men and non-binary people - can play a part in helping drive better outcomes for women. Through
meaningful celebration and targeted bold action, we can all be responsive and responsible leaders in creating a more gender
inclusive world. The World Economic Forum predicts the
gender gap won't close entirely
until 2186. This is too long to wait. So around the world, IWD provides an important opportunity for
ground breaking action that will truly drive greater change for women.
Use International Women's Day (IWD) on March 8 as an important opportunity to:
- celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women because visibility and awareness help drive
positive change for women
- declare bold actions you'll take as an individual or organization to help progress the gender agenda because
purposeful action can accelerate gender parity across the world
1. Run your own #BeBoldForChange IWD campaign
One of the most powerful ways you can influence how quickly gender parity is achieved is through championing a #BeBoldForChange
campaign within your own organization:
- ask friends and/or colleagues to declare what bold action they'll take to specifically help drive gender parity (e.g. take a
junior woman to a client or sales meeting; challenge organizers of all-male speaking panel events; launch a purposeful
female-focused initiative; educate boys about stereotypes and violence against women; nominate women for senior jobs; donate
your time to a female-focused charity; mentor a woman; form a support network; etc)
- ask friends and/or colleagues to submit their bold action by "category" on the IWD website (opening soon)
- embed the #BeBoldForChange widget (available soon) on your own website and/or intranet and call for colleagues to submit
their bold action
2. Host a #BeBoldForChange IWD event
Coordinating an IWD event? Invite your speaker/s to articulate and explain that exact moment when they themselves took bold
action to help improve or develop an aspect of their own livelihood, career or business - or that of another woman's, or
women's status overall:
- what was their bold moment?
- how did they do it?
- what motivated them?
- what difference did they make?
- how can others learn from this?
Host a proactive discussion regarding:
- what constitutes "bold" action?
- what conditions are necessary to enable "bold" action?
- what are the consequences of "bold" action?
- what are some examples of "bold" action already taken in your context?
3. Social share your support
Social share your bold actions and support by downloading and printing the #BeBoldForChange selfie card (available soon).
Co-branding is welcome. Promote your support for bold action via social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube,
etc) using the "hands in" visual concept.
4. Secure executive statements of support
Submit an approved and authorised #BeBoldForChange statement of support from your leaders (celebrities,
corporate chairpersons and CEOs, government officials, charity heads, business and community leaders) - for possible promotion and
amplification via the IWD website and social media channel. Statements are short declarations regarding bold action to actively support
the advancement of women. Statements may be either straight text (with image), visual collateral, short videos, social media posts,
etc). The deadline for Support Statements is ongoing, but received earliest any time from now is preferred. Ideally max. 150 - 200
words for text statements. See an example from Richard Branson's support
from last year, or EY global chairman Mark Weinberger's support or
Catalyst's president & CEO Deborah Gilles' statement or more
5. Download the IWD logo
Download the International Women's Day logo or icon for promoting positive IWD related activity.
6. Embed the #BeBoldForChange widget
Embed the #BeBoldForChange widget (available soon) on your own website and/or intranet by accessing the embed code
(available soon) and calling for your friends and/or colleagues to declare their bold action.
7. Access gender diversity resources from leading organizations
Access the IWD collection of useful and informative gender diversity resources (available soon) provided by leading, reputable
organizations from across the world that work to advance women. Use these resources to guide your company's journey towards
gender parity or submit resources for consideration..
8. Submit coverage of your IWD activity
Submit engaging images, videos or articles that show the success of your IWD activity, with a view to possible
promotion and amplification via the IWD website - in addition to your own social sharing of these items.
Will you #BeBoldForChange ?