IWD collaborator Catalyst helps forge workplaces that work for women
Part of the IWD Charity Alliance, Catalyst has been an International Women's Day (IWD) Charity of Choice since 2017.
Catalyst is a global nonprofit organization supported by many of the world’s most powerful CEOs and leading companies to help build workplaces that work for women. Catalyst tenaciously focuses on advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace so that women can advance and thrive.
Check out the many excellent tools, resources and references to help plan out your IWD activity. Especially see Catalyst's Infographics which provide brilliant discussion starters for IWD Events. See also Catalyst's extensive Research Reports and Stats & Data. And you can learn more about Catalyst's research series here.
Advancing women into leadership
Founded in 1962, Catalyst drives change through providing pioneering research, practical tools, and proven solutions to accelerate and advance women into leadership - because Catalyst believes progress for women is progress for everyone.
Catalyst's preeminent thought leadership - including unparalleled workplace expertise and actionable research - has helped accelerate progress for women through workplace inclusion. Catalyst provides holistic end-to-end solutions and equips companies with the strategy and tools they need to make change and measure impact at their organizations. Working with an impactful global community of over 500 Supporter companies,
Catalyst's community sees strong commitment from many progressive Supporters like Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, WSP, and many more.
Catalyst shares leading practice to build positive change
The President & CEO of Catalyst is Lorraine Hariton [pictured above].
Catalyst offersa n extensive range of support - from virtual events, workshops, courses, advisory services and webinars - to hosting the organization's annual signature Catalyst Awards Conference & Dinner and Catalyst Honours.
Key important areas of focus
Catalyst's work predominantly focuses on five key areas:
- Advancing Women - Increasing the representation of women, particularly women from racially and ethnically marginalized groups, in corporate leadership and promoting equal access to career opportunities.
- Women and the Future of Work - Developing solutions for women and underrepresented groups to have full participation and equal opportunity in the 21st century workplace
- Lead for Equity and Inclusion - Deepening understanding of workplace inclusion and equipping global companies to remedy inequities across intersections of identity (such as gender, race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, or gender identity).
- MARC (Men Advocating Real Change) - Engaging men to leverage their influence to advocate for gender equity in the workplace.
- Frontline Employees Initiative - Catalyst is meeting the moment and broadening its focus to include women in frontline roles, so all women thrive.
Drawing on the power of community
Community is Catalyst's greatest strength.
Catalyst knows that real change comes from learning, sharing, and problem-solving with a trusted group of peers.
The Catalyst community sees a committed collective of individuals from all organizational levels joining together with a shared purpose, common values, and a core commitment.
Learn more about these areas of Catalyst's focus:
- CEO Champions for Change - More than 70 CEOs have become Catalyst CEO Champions For Change by pledging to advance more women into all levels of leadership.
- MARC - A Catalyst initiative that inspires men to leverage their unique opportunity and responsibility to be advocates for equity.
- Expert Community - This prestigious coalition of more than 40 global business organizations convenes to achieve collective impact through collaboration and continuous learning.
- Employee Resource Groups - Employee resource groups (ERGs) - voluntary, employee-led groups based on a variety of identities - foster a diverse, inclusive workplace and are more important than ever.
Catalyst has an impressive global reach
Catalyst serves its supporters in communities around the world, partnering with leading regional diversity, equity, and inclusion organizations to host relevant, timely, region-specific events; facilitate local trainings and workshops; conduct cutting-edge research that captures the experiences of the people in these regions; and produce innovative, region-specific tools—providing Supporters everywhere with local and global perspectives so that they can make a real impact in their culture, country, and community. As such, Catalyst serves a global community across the United States of America, Canada, Europe, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific
Catalyst keeps expanding its future vision
Catalyst has exciting plans to grow both the organization and its reach.
Building on a strong foundation in re-imagining workplaces that work for women, Catalyst is stepping it up to take learnings from the past and expand its vision for the future.
Catalyst plans to achieve maximum impact by launching further new research and tools and expanding focus to include women in frontline roles.
Together with Supporters, Catalyst is accelerating its work to enable women to thrive, regardless of title or workplace.