Running a portfolio of profit-for-purpose companies that intersect storytelling, technology and social impact
Sarah Mak runs a portfolio of profit-for-purpose companies that intersect storytelling, technology and social impact. They include SaaS platform Folktale; award winning storytelling agency TheStoryBoxes; and Poplabs, an incubator for creative businesses using storytelling to drive social impact.
Sarah is committed to driving change through real stories, and brings a unique lens to storytelling with her background in Public Health, Psychology and International Development, having worked with the World Health Organisation in Geneva and on in-country assignments across Asia Pacific. Sarah has produced hundreds of hours of award-winning factual content with national and global brands in order to engage audiences, communicate ideas, and incite change.
Sarah is able to speak on:
- The future of storytelling
- The importance of storytelling
- Her experience as a female tech founder
- Her experience building a product at the intersection of tech, global development and global health
- Building a for-profit business as well as wanting to change the world for good.
Use of IWD Speakers Directory is at user discretion.
IWD Speakers are not endorsed. Information is provided by the speaker or their agency.