Pioneer and a passionate advocate for social inclusion and reducing discrimination through the vehicle of sports and media
Rana Hussain is a Diversity and Inclusion leader making important inroads into Australian sporting culture and the community at large. One of a handful of women of colour working in sports administration, she has worked with the likes of Richmond Football Club, Nike, Puma and the Victorian Chamber of Commerce.
Rana is a pioneer and a passionate advocate for social inclusion and reducing discrimination through the vehicle of sports and media. She was recently appointed as the Diversity & Inclusion manager at Cricket Australia.
Rana’s desire to see more diversity in both media and sport sees her writing and broadcasting for various outlets including several years with the ABC.
Rana is a Board Member of the Victorian Women’s Trust and sits on the Collingwood Football Club Anti-Racism expert group. She is also a consultant on the DoMore project and for the Ben Simmons Family Foundation.
Rana speaks expertly on various topics including...
- Inclusion & Diversity in Sport
- The business case for Inclusion
- Intersectional approaches to inclusion
- The power of symbolism and storytelling in creating inclusive brands
- Women in Sport & representation
- Australia, migrant culture and belonging
- The power of sports and pop culture to create change
- Her personal journey through the male dominated world of sport as a devout Muslim woman.
Rana is an inspiring speaker, who doesn't hold back. Audiences listening to Rana will be challenged and asked to consider many of the nuanced corners of belonging, equity and inclusion. Rana is comfortable sitting with discomfort and with a safe and steady hand, walks with people into the 'grey' to unlock new ways of thinking.