Educationist with 20 years of experience having expertise in the field of Education Management, Capacity Building, Design, Sustaina
An Educationist with about 20 years of experience having expertise in the field of Education Administration and Management, Capacity Building, Curriculum Development, Fashion Design, Costume Styling, Garment Manufacturing, Textile Design, Sustainable Fashion, Skill Development.
Dr. Srivastava is a Post Graduate in Clothing and Textiles. She has been
awarded an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Design Development and
Empowerment through Education for her distinguished work in the field of
Education and Design and contribution to the society in the relevant field.
Apart from being in the Education sector for two decades , Dr.Richa
Srivastava has also done Costume styling for TV serials. She has played a
vital role in promotion of Handicrafts and culture through NGOs working for
women craftspersons. Dr. Srivastava has to her name a social enterprise that works on Sustainable trends and Social sensitization.
Presently Dr. Richa Srivastava is Vice Principal and Head of Department, Fashion Design at International Polytechnic for Women, New Delhi.IPW is a premier Institute imparting Diploma Courses in various fields under AICTE and BTE, Govt of
NCT of Delhi.
ACHIEVEMENTS / RESEARCH/ WORKSHOPS / PROJECTS
• Research work under Dissertation Thesis on Linen Management.
• Faculty development programme by AICTE.
• Worked with Ananda Telefilms (Makers of superhit TV Serials like Hasratein) for styling of costumes of characters of TV Serials.
• On the panel of Board of Technical education, Govt of NCT of Delhi for Revision and Development of Curriculum of GFT course.
• Contributor to SCERT, Govt. of NCT of Delhi for Writing Course Material for Hand
book for Fashion Studies for Class XI and XII.
• Education expert at Doordarshan as an Education Expert to speak on live program, Evening Live Show (Aired for 22 Mins duration).
• Associated with AIWEFA and UNESCO for Women Education in India.
• Worked with Abhiruchi Kendra, Registered NGO working for self-employment for women under DRDA and DWACRA schemes for Rural Development in U.P.
• Associated with Ministry of Textiles for the development and promotion of
• Collaborated with Hankers Education Trust for Mentoring young and underprivileged children for Skill Development.
• Associated with Samuel Foundation, India (A unit of Samuel Foundation, Germany) for Skill Development and Faculty Development Programs.
• Connected with Textile Association of India for Student welfare in the field of Textile and Fashion.
• Symbiosis with Vihaan, (Ngo working for differently abled people) for creating Social awareness for the challenges of the Differently Abled.
• Invited as Guest of Honour and Jury to Various Events, Calendar Launches and Competitions.