Hospitality professional, corporate trainer, Founder Indian Women in Hospitality, blogger, writer, motivational speaker
Laxmi Todiwan is a Hospitality professional, professor, corporate trainer and Founder of IWH – Indian Women in Hospitality.
She completed her Bachelors in Hospitality and Hotel Administration from IHM Mumbai. She holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Training and Development from ISTD, New Delhi also earned her Masters in Tourism Management.
She is a Certified Hospitality Educator from the American Hotel and Lodging Association and has acquired Cleaning Operators Proficiency Certificate from BICS, UK.
She has acquired certifications in Strategic Leadership and Innovation and Change Management from Cornell University, USA.
She started her career with the Taj group of hotels, and has had a successful career spanning over 2 decades.
She is a Master Trainer and has worked with American Hotel and Lodging Association and Tourism and Hospitality Skill Council, Tourism Boards of State governments, Corporate organisations, Banks, NGOs and CII to name a few.
She has spoken at various platforms and forums such as entrepreneurship workshops for MBA colleges, International hospitality summits, the defence services and career counseling.
She has hosted many functions of repute and done educational programs. She writes for hospitality journals, international websites and local newspapers.
• Lions Club of Navi Mumbai award, for contribution towards women empowerment in 2014.
• Was the speaker at the Rotary Club of Navi Mumbai on occasion of IWD 2016.
• Moderator for a panel discussion at the Indian Navy national seminar 2017.
• Was featured on Welink Website in the same year; for creating success stories for students.
• Was awarded the Inspirational Personality by the Maritime Union of India –Women’s Wing, in 2018.
• Founded Indian Women in Hospitality - Feb 2018.
• VP LnD (hon) Professional Housekeepers Association (PHA).
• Cornell University USA featured one of her stories from IWH- Dec 2018
• Resource person for the India Hospitality Conclave, Mumbai 18-20 Dec 2018.
• Writes for Hospitality journals and magazines - Hospitality Biz, HospiBuz and HRA Today.
• Awarded the - India’s Top 10 HR and Training Professionals Dec 2018.
• IWH is the ecosystem partner for Women in Corporate Awards (WICA) by Women’s Web.
• Hotelier and Caterer magazine, anniversary issue 2004, featured her article.
• Wrote an article for the golden jubilee souvenir of IHM Mumbai, 2004.
• Hospitality Biz, June 2009, Article titled, ‘ ABC of Housekeeping security’
• The Oceanite, Journal of the Maritime Union of India – Vol- 2, issue - 4- 2018) article titled, ‘ challenges of the sea and the mighty sailor’.
• Cornell University USA featured one of her stories from IWH
• Shakti, Logistic journal of the Indian Navy, 2018 edition - article titled, ‘ Chef take pride in what you do’.
• Hospitality Biz carried out an interview of Founder Laxmi Todiwan and a write up on Indian Women in Hospitality- Feb 2019 edition. ‘IWH wishes to see more women leaders and role models in hospitality sector.
• Hospitality Lexis, anniversary issue, February 2019 carried out a write up on IWH and Interview with Laxmi todiwan – Galvanizing the women of Indian hospitality.
• HRA Today journals, May 2019- Carried out an article on Ms. Laxmi Todiwan titled, ‘Strength thy name is woman’.
• #Iam Onboard Bhadarkar publications, May 2019, Article titled ‘ A seafarer’s wife is an equal partner’.
• Shakti, Logistic journal of the Indian Navy, 2019 edition - article titled, ’Cuisines in vogue’.
HB -Articles published
• Hospitality Education: Confusion Galore
• Making Safety and Security a part of Training.
• Join the global Action to combat plastic menace.
• The Go-to Vendor
• The need to unlock new revenue streams.
• Managing the Food Waste!
• Workplace Diversity and Inclusion
• Is a women's ability to lead undermined by gender stereotype?