One of Australia's top footballers, Ellie has been setting the world alight since a young age
One of Australia's top footballers, Ellie has been setting the world alight since a young age, and is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon.
Ellie Carpenter is an Australian international footballer, who plays as a defender for Olympique Lyonnais in the Division 1 Feminine in France and for the Australian national team. Ellie made her W-League debut for Western Sydney Wanderers in 2015 at the age of 15 and has already represented Australia at the 2016 Olympics.
- She was selected for the Australian team for the 2016 Olympics at age 16
- Youngest Australian Olympian at Rio 2016
- Youngest ever female footballer to compete at the Olympics
- Became the youngest ever player to appear in an NWSL game in 2018
- Has been named the W-League's 'Young Footballer of the Year' three years in a row - 2018-2020
- First Australian woman to play in and win the women's UEFA Champions League
- First player born in the 21st century to play for the Australian national team (both male and female)