Transgender authority & advocate, consultant, inspirational speaker, media commentator, MC & thought leader
I am a transgender authority who lives in Melbourne. I was brought up in Auckland and have lived in Melbourne since 1999. I recently transitioned from male to female in 2015. I am an also advocate, consultant, Mistress of Ceremonies (MC) and keynote/inspirational speaker.
I was a board director of Elder Rights Advocacy Victoria and JustSociale a Sydney based Non-Profit Organisation.
I was a finalist in the 2019 Australian LGBTI awards in the Hero Category and received an Australia Day Achievement Award in 2019. I also received the Rex Karmaveer Global Chakra Award instituted by ICONGO & from India in 2019.
I was a finalist for Agenda Setter of the year in the 2018 Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards. I was also a finalist for 2017 Victorian LGBTI Person of the year award.
I have raised a lot of awareness around how to make the workplace more inclusive for transgender people. I have also managed to get a gender identity policy introduced at the Brisbane Racing Club, Melbourne Racing Club and Victoria Racing Club.
I am an Ambassador for Flutterbys in the UK and Global Goodwill Ambassador (GGA) – LinkedIn. I was Ambassador for Ygap’s 2017 Polished Man campaign. In 2017 I featured on Channel 10’s popular morning show Studio 10 as well as previously speaking on radio in USA. I have also spoken on Joy 94.9 FM’s Saturday Magazine program and ABC News.
See http://www.melissagriffiths.com.au/advice.html to learn more about the wide range of events I have spoken at.
I am interested in Keynote Speaking, being an MC at events and part of panels for events and am able to talk about the following:
- Belonging and the Power of Connection
- Bullying, Harassment, Intimidation and Sexual Harassment
- Confidence and Communication
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Effective Advocacy – How to be an effective advocate
- Gender Identity
- How be more more inclusive
- Leadership and my leadership journey/story
- LGBTQIA+ issues/rights
- Overcoming challenges
- Organisational Gender Diversity Policy
- Social Media – The importance and value of it in a modern world
- Transgender from all Angles – My story and tips for employers re: person transitioning in the workplace.
Melissa Griffith’s website: http://www.melissagriffiths.com.au
Page on my website with links to my interviews/videos done in media or articles in media:
- Awesome Melissa Griffiths Blog Page: https://awesomemelblog.wordpress.com/
- Facebook: Melissa Griffiths - https://m.facebook.com/melissacgriffiths
- Facebook: The Real Melissa Griffiths - https://m.facebook.com/melissachloegriffiths
- Halo - https://halo.remodista.com/members/2803117
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/melissacgriffiths/
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/melissa-griffiths-ab0327121/
- Podbean Podcast - https://melissacgriffiths.podbean.com
- Starnow - https://www.starnow.com.au/melissagriffiths13
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/melissaracing
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuZOwq_qiJi7N3pZNlbI6kw